Etsy Mini

Saturday, June 4, 2011

An Exciting Month!!!

Hello everyone!  My apologies for not updating my blog in quite a while.  It's funny how life gets busy happening when you're not looking!
The last few weeks have been pleasantly hectic.  My shop www.mosewsit.etsy.com has been bringing in a few sales for me, and I am attending some local markets as well. 
I was recently asked by Lisa Gal from Hollywood Baskets (check out her website...  www.hollywoodbaskets.com )if I would like one design of my Eco-Friendly Market tote bags to be featured at the MTV Movie Awards celebrity gift lounge.  Hmmm...that was a hard decision...NOT!  I was so honored to be asked, and was very happy to make 25 market tote bags for Lisa.

 It was a bit difficult to locate suppliers for this particular fabric as the designer, Michael Miller, has decided to have it discontinued despite it's popularity.  But after some lengthy searching, I found 2 suppliers who had the quantity I needed.  However, although one fabric was at my door the next day, the other fabric took over a week to arrive, and my business labels took almost 10 business days...YIKES!!   So that didn't leave a whole lot of time, but I was so excited to make them for Lisa, I think I was operating on pure adrenalin!  Thanks to Lisa being extremely flexible, I was able to ship them out to her with little time to spare. 

Yesterday was the big day, with celebrities being gracious enough to pose for photos with my bag!  I want to thank Lisa for giving me this incredible opportunity,  I will never forget it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment